Monday, December 15, 2008

FOR A CHANGE, A POSITIVE HEADLINE RE METHADONE TREATMENT:

From the Wilkes-Barre (Pennsylvania) Times Leader, an article whose title says it all: "Treating heroin users effective; decline in addicts seeking agency help attributed to methadone clinic opening" (Dec 15). According to the administrator of a (non-methadone) county social services program that has seen a dramatic drop in heroin addicts seeking assistance, "The introduction of medication--assisted treatments ... has enabled some to stop illegal drug use and stabilize their lives. ... They’ve been able to get jobs, take care of their families and in turn no longer rely on social and human service agencies for help."

2 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is right. It's about time people realize the good methadone can do. We are not all STRONG people who can quit without help. With methadone I have learned to hold a job and take care of my 5 kids and even take night classes.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Skruez said...

God knows where I'd be right know without Methadone.
My Addiction to heroin was Hell, I was thinking of suicide, The biggest mistake of my life was becoming dependent on Heroin.
I had to wait for 8 months, but When I started methadone, It felt Has the sun was shinning again.
Ive been clean, yeah I know Methadone is has Addictive has Heroin, But at least now I'm in control of my life.
I really don't think I'd be writing this with out MMT.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home